The California International Marathon (CIM) is a race organized by runners for runners!
CIM was established on the 13th of September 1983, by Sacramento Running Association (SRA) which is an 501(c)(3) non-profit association.
California International Marathon’s Board of Directors is comprised of SRA Board of Directors is composed of runners who have an average of 150plus decades serving service in CIM.
The exact course SRA management designed for the inaugural CIM will traverse the countryside, across the cities in Orangevale, Citrus Heights, Fair Oaks and Carmichael.
Then, beneath the canopy of trees in the full fall colors, to the City of Sacramento to take in an official State Capitol finish. Although the course is identical but the race has evolved into an international race.
CIM offers a smooth, moving, point-to-point net downhill track with well-maintained roads and a some turns. California International Marathon starts located at 366 feet. elevation, with its final destination at a 26ft. elevation.
CIM has steadily increased its numbers, from 1,600 runners in 1983 , to the race now bursting up to over 10,000 runners.
In the past CIM has also added SRA is now offering a relay as well as two 5Ks on Saturdays, the UC Davis Children’s Hospital MaraFUNrun specifically for kids as well as the Capitol 5K
The SRA Board of Directors, race management and volunteers put in every day to ensure that every runner has the best possible marathon experience.
We’re looking forward to meeting your faces in the month of December!
Reasons to run CIM
- Qualify for the Boston Marathon! The fastest, USATF sanctioned course is an official Boston Marathon qualifying course.
- Average temperatures vary from the mid-50s with a the odds of having perfect running conditions.
- The fall season continues into the month of December Sacramento as Sacramento’s “City of Trees” is full of fall hues.
- CIM wide start line reduces congestion and allows you to quickly to settle into your marathon pace.
- There are distinct finish lines for males and females.
- They are the Pace Team leaders, many of whom are elite ultra runners from their local area, are familiar with the CIM course.
- Bus transportation is available to the start point for all participants.
- More than 4,000 committed, loving volunteers and an amazing crowd support from the local population who are a part of the “Capitol Running Tradition.”
- 17 well-stocked aid stations, with plenty of food and water at the finishing line.
- There were more porta-potties for each participant at the beginning and throughout the route than at any other event CIM staff and board have ever witnessed!
- Block-by-block, energetic as well as “international” course entertainment.
- Gorgeous, large Unique, vibrant, and distinctive finishers Ribbons and medallions.
- A festive two-day Expo perfect timing to help you shop for the holidays.
- Find your fitness level, meet new people, accomplish your goals, and relax and enjoy the holidays without guilt!